Saturday, October 29, 2011

Changes

Along with the second phase of my life came many many changes.  Almost all of them has been for the best.  The only one that hasn't been for the best really, was my marriage.  But that's another story for another day.  I just don't want to get all teary eyed on this Saturday morning.  Changes however do happen.  Life is full of them and will continue to be that way, forever.  It's all in how you "roll" with these changes that help make you who you are.  I am a optimist about most everything.  Naturally I'm normal and do have pessimistic days.

Very Old House
Little Trailer in the Woods
Some of the changes in the last year have included moving from a large old house built in the 1930's to moving into a single wide, small, one bedroom trailer.    Was I sad about this?  I can honestly say, no.  I hated that old house with a passion that came from deep inside.  I love small, cozy things My Little Trailer in the Woods included.  Since I am the only one living here, it suits me perfectly.  I've never been one to hang onto things and hate clutter with a passion, so small just works.  Other changes about me was my decorating style.  While I used to be all shabby chic, pink, roses and doilies, I have gone to the total and complete opposite.  I have changed to dorm room chic, modern style.  I never thought this would happen!  I was a pink roses person for as long as I can remember.  Then one day while out looking for new furniture and accessories it just hit me.  I want a whole other style.  Things started catching my eyes that never did before.  Bright, bold colors drew me in.  Yes, black is still my basic color but instead of my clothes being all black, my house has took that color over.  Except that my house is not completely black (lord I am not dead), that is just the main color with bold accents.

Here's the main furniture pieces in my living room.













What a drastic change huh?  I love my new living room.  Gone are the dust catching doilies, all the foofoo pink, and the roses.  Now, this doesn't mean I am not feminine any more, it just means I've changed.  I am loving this new life of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment