Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Day the Earth Stood Still

Okay, maybe the earth didn’t stand still, but I swear I heard a choir sing “Hallelujah “when I got finished.  If you’re a regular blog fan here then you know that for the last couple of weeks I have been saying and swearing that I would accomplish some things on my “to do list”.  The main one on that list was putting together my new bookcase.   I can happily say that I got this DONE.  I promise after I got finished I done a happy dance around my living room.  I was that thrilled about it. 

It sorta resembles a coffin at this point.

TADA, all finished and placed in it's place of honor.

My Angel that watched over me patiently waiting.

I must also let you know that it is very important to read and follow directions.  Yup, I learned this after years of preaching to my husband to do the same exact thing.  I attempted to follow those directions, but you can see from the pictures that the second piece that was put together didn’t go quite like the pictures shown.  It is the main top part of my bookcase.  I put it on upside down, but I will paint it and leave it.  I was just so happy to finally be doing this that I didn’t care if it was upside or not.  

Not only did I accomplish 1 item on my list, but I got a 2nd one done as well.  Now you know how truly excited I was and am.  I also managed to get my table top cleaned, everything put away and organized and I even got it decorated.  WooHoo for me.   







I wasn’t sure whether to put any decorations on my bookcase but eventually decided it needed a little something.  I remembered I had my birdhouses packed away and decided to use a few of those as accessories.  The 3 that you see on the top of the case were given to me from a dear sweet friend before moving here.  She knows my love of birds and how I had once collected bird houses.  The Lord has truly blessed me with dear friends through the years and for this I am ever grateful.  

This week I am joining New Nostalgia for Anti Procrastination Tuesday, as well as, A Silly Little Sparrow for Toot Your Horn Tuesday, House of Grace for Twice Owned Tuesday, and last but certainly not least House of Homemakers for Gratituesday.

Please click on the links below each button to go over and visit all these wonderful blogs.  

A Silly Little Sparrow

Heavenly Homemakers

New Nostalgia

House of Grace

Until next time my sweet friends, remember to




5 comments:

  1. That same choir sings when I get things done over at my house LOL


    just found you somehow so thought I would say Hi

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, those are hard to assemble!!!! And I love how you made it pretty with your little birdhouses, I have several just like them. I also have a little stuffed pumpkin like this, but can't find it. Your table is BEAUTIFUL, you really have a talent for decorating, I have none. Your table looks EXACTLY like mine!! I wonder if it's the same one? Gosh, we own a lot of the same things. Now if I only had talent for decorating...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bookcase looks great! I looked at your books, too and see lots of authors that I like! You will really enjoy these shelves! We need some more! Have a wonderful week, my newfound friend! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Treasia! Your bookcase looks great, especially with those awesome books in there! Thank you so much for stopping by Bella Nest. It's so good to meet you! I'm a new follower of yours as well! Holly @ bellanest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Gotta laugh about the top of the bookshelf. It looks great if you are coming down the staircase...

    Sometimes reading the direction just get in the way lol.

    xoxo Bunny Jean
    Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

    ReplyDelete